Medium carb, high protein option
Calories = 312
macros do not include cooking spray used to bake*
Can make this into one big muffin using a cake tin.
To make lower carb, take out the wrap and add veggies to mix instead.
50g lower carb wrap (Mission Lower Carb Wraps)
15g mozzarella lite cheese (Coles brand)
50g 97% fat free bacon (Primo)
1 egg white
Spray of chosen cooking spray
– can add spinach, mushrooms or other veggies
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees (fan forced).
- Spray with oil a small muffin tin.
- Cut wrap into 4 sections and line tin with the wraps as if it is pastry (making sure theres no holes or gaps for the filling to spill out of).
- In a seperate bowl mix egg and egg white with salt and pepper then pour into the muffin cups.
- Cut the bacon into four pieces and place on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes on medium heat checking to make sure the bacon has gone brown but the wraps are not burnt.
- Once bacon is cooked and wrap is brown, add cheese and cook again until melted. these taste fine cold but you can chuck them in a sandwich press with the lid up to keep wrap base crispy, or just microwave
Stores well for up to 7 days.
Best served hot, can re-heat them on a sandwich toaster or in the oven after refrigerated.
If added veggies this decreases the storage life, the pasty becomes soggy after a few days in the fridge.
WHERE TO BUY PRODUCTS
- Costco (they sell the leanest short cut bacon)